Works to develop and organize selected revenue-generating events for the Chamber. The Events Committee meets regularly to assess strategy, define goals and objectives and manage timeline and budget for each event. All members of the committee contribute to the success of each event. The committee engages many talents and meets on a regular basis to plan each event
Actively recruit new members to the committee and the sub-committees.
Objectives & Activities
- -To add value to a member’s relationship with the Chamber by providing specialized events for Chamber members and community members to attend and expand their professional knowledge and contacts
- -To connect to decision makers at area companies and expand the Chamber’s reach by tailoring programs to their needs:
- -To develop a yearly calendar of events-including, but not limited to:
- -Plan Banquet
- -Plan Golf Tournament
- -Plan “A Taste to Remember”
- -To continue to improve upon the Chamber’s special events, and come up with new ways to attract members to events
- -To select speakers, locations, and topics for events
- -To work with the staff to identify potential sponsors for events
- -To collaborate with membership development committee to identify events that could meet member needs, and develop a marketing plan to advertise events
Structure & Leadership
This functional areas is directed by the Board President, Executive Board and Executive Director. The staff liaison managing this committee is: Executive Director. The volunteer committee Chair is: Misty Toruno
To qualify as a member, your company must be a member in good standing with the Chamber. Each committee member must commit to the above stated goals.
This committee will meet approximately 6-8 times a year to develop topics, confirm program details, and evaluate the progress and eventual success of programs. Annually, this committee will meet to set the calendar for the following year, and evaluate the committee’s needs. Each committee member will be expected to help organize at least one event.
The Committee Chair serves at the lead and guidance of the Chamber’s President. The staff liaison and Committee Chair are responsible for managing activities of the committee that coincide with the business strategic plan objectives of the Chamber.
Share this Page